For many decades people have traveled to their favorite pumpkin patches, dude ranches, corn mazes and farms, loading the kids in the car and making their way out to see rural America. Agritourism isn’t a new idea in travel. The new idea is that Agritourism can be marketed as destination travel. By developing travel packages that include farm based activities and services, these packages will provide marketing weight to draw visitors to your business.
The most recent study conducted by the US Department of Agriculture showed that Agritourism is a $556 million dollar a year industry. Can you become a part of this growing industry?
Agritourism includes a wide variety of farm and farm-related activities, including:
- Recreation: Fly Fishing, Hunting, Bird Watching and Horseback Riding.
- Education: Canning Classes, Cooking Classes, Wine tasting and Tours.
- Entertainment: Festivals, Harvest Parties and Petting Zoos.
- Hospitality Services: Lodging, Farm to Fork and Guided Tours.
- Direct Sales: Farmers Markets, Souvenirs and Fruit Stands.
If your business is involved already in the above mentioned activities, you will want to check out Farm Stay U.S. This is a free listing site (enhanced listing range between $200-$300 a year) that allow people to explore and learn more about business that are part of the agritourism industry. Farm Stay U.S. features 750 businesses in all 50 states.
Don’t miss out on becoming a part of this growing industry. As America turns towards a healthy and more sustainable future, travelers will turn towards vacationing and visiting places that support these efforts.