InsideOut Solutions is proud to announce the March 3 launch of a new responsive B&B website for Miller’s Daughter Bed and Breakfast in Green Lake, Wisconsin.
Innkeepers Kris & Larry Herrell knew their aging website was simply not cutting it in today’s internet marketplace. Kris dropped by the InsideOut booth at the Wisconsin Bed & Breakfast Association conference last November to chat with Pat McCauley about what to do.
A Responsive B&B Website Solution
Pat reviewed the previous Miller’s Daughter Bed and Breakfast website in-depth once she returned from the conference. She discovered that the four-year-old website design, in addition to looking its age, had subpar Google PageSpeed test scores and failed the Google Mobile Friendly test. There was no structured data (“shorthand” code to tell search engines more about the business) The website had been converted to WordPress, but had no blog so it was missing a vital piece of inbound search engine marketing.
The answer to all of this was to redesign from the ground up as a responsive B&B website. Web Development Manager Jack Waknitz worked with Kris on gathering her information, materials and design preferences to craft the responsive website in WordPress. The development of the website included:
- A responsive WordPress theme automatically adapts the layout design elements to visitor’s web browser resolution to provide an optimal view and user interface
- Sticky navigation menu and social sharing bars remain in view as a visitor scrolls down the page
- WordPress content management combines a powerful blog platform for growing the reach of Miller’s Daughter Bed and Breakfast internet marketing and includes easy tools for updating photographs and page text
- HTML5 code and CSS3 styling that follows the recommendations of Google Developers and the World-Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards
- Custom WordPress plugins and post types developed by InsideOut Solutions specifically for its lodging clients, including the Rooms post type, which offers: easily managed room description, type of accommodations, an amenities list, photo gallery, rate information, availability link and more
Prior to launch, Search Engine Optimization (SEO) services were applied to WordPress settings, the theme and on page content via page edits and the Yoast SEO plugin. Redirects were added for all search engine-indexed URLs of the previous website to prevent “page not found” errors for search engines and visitors.
Following the launch the new Miller’s Daughter website and sitemaps were submitted to the search engines for quick indexing=.
Get Your Own Responsive B&B Website from InsideOut Solutions
If you have a WordPress website we designed that’s four or less years old we can provide you with a cost-saving responsive upgrade. WordPress websites developed by InsideOut Solutions that are over four years old will typically require a full responsive redesign. Don’t have a WordPress website? We’ll build you a responsive B&B website in WordPress. Contact us today for a quote to keep your website and its internet marketing effectiveness ahead of the curve.