May 30th, 2017 by Shawn Kerr
We proudly announce the May 11 launch of a custom responsive WordPress website for Lake Shore Cabins on Beaver Lake, a luxury waterfront cabins resort in Eureka Springs, Arkansas. Owner Donna Braswell first came to InsideOut Solutions as a hosting client in 2014.
The Unexpected Long Road to a New Website
Donna had come to InsideOut with the intention of quickly stating a redesign of her then 10-year old website when we took over hosting on February 14, 2014. There were many things that needed to be done before that could happen, however. New photographs would be needed and a video would need to be produced. Before these could be completed, Donna was into her busy season.
2015 was a very difficult year for Donna personally, so she continued to have us update and enhance the old website. These updates, though very basic, combined with our managed hosting service, had a positive impact on the visits to the website via organic search engine query results:
Even so, Donna understood that there was only so much that could be done with the aging website to keep it afloat.
The New Custom Responsive WordPress Website for Lake Shore Cabins
By the end of 2016 the needed information and materials were starting to be made available and Beth went to work with Donna to design a fresh layout with a warm and inviting look and feel. After a bit of back and forth on the design elements, Donna said of the final layout proof:
“It’s perfect as is Beth!!! Thanks so very much! We are very happy!”
Donna’s enthusiasm was infectious and the website quickly moved through the website development process, which included:
- A custom responsive WordPress website theme that adapts the layout to the web browser automatically, which ensures the look and feel is always optimal on all devices is being used to view it
- HTML 5 coding and CSS 3 stylesheet standards that meet the recommendations of Google Developers and the World-Wide Web Consortium (W3C) standards
- Schema structured data markup that helps search engines better understand their business
- InsideOut-developed WordPress plugins and post types designed specifically for its lodging clients, including:
- Lodging custom post type, which provides easy management of accommodation type, cabin description, amenities, photo gallery, rate information, availability calendar link and more
- Specials custom post type allows efficient creation and management of recurring or date-specific offers and their categories
- “Sticky” website navigation and social media sharing bars are always in view at the top and bottom of the browser window while scrolling down the page
Internet Marketing Manager Shawn Kerr provided both pre- and post-launch SEO services. Page content and code were optimized via the Yoast SEO plugin and page content editor during the proofing process. Redirects were created for all URLs of the previous website to ensure “page not found” errors would not negatively impact search engine or visitor experience.
The new custom responsive WordPress website for Lake Shore Cabins launched with an SSL upgrade on May 11 and was submitted to the search engines to make sure the new secure “HTTPS” website address was quickly indexed.
Is a Custom Responsive WordPress Website Right for Your Business?
A new custom-designed responsive website built in WordPress from InsideOut Solutions starts at $7,500 and may be financed at just $270 per month (based on $1,000 down + 24 monthly payments). We invite you to view our Custom Design Portfolio and contact us for a quote to move your internet marketing forward with effective web design developed with cutting edge technology and the deep marketplace understanding that InsideOut’s over 20 years of experience offers.